New Zealand Visa: everything you need to know to get your e-visa
A place known for its stunning scenery, New Zealand is chosen by top film makers for film shoots. It is also a unique place to discover nature such as the natural pools in Northland and the mermaids pools or paradisiacal places like the Bay of Islands and the Coromandel Peninsula without forgetting the wild aspects. To stay here, a visa is required which can be obtained online (e-visa) or from the embassy.
How do I get a visa for New Zealand?
To travel to New Zealand, you must have the necessary documents, such as your passport and your visa for New Zealand. The administrative requirement for the visa is that you have to get it in advance. That is, for a first trip, you need to get the visa " Visitor Visa ". The latter can be obtained automatically online or by following the normal administrative procedures at consuls or embassies.
The procedure for obtaining a visa PVT for New Zealand is very simple. The application for permission to travel to the country is made on the official immigration website. It will take you about 1 hour to complete:
- Create an account
- Fill in the form application for visa working holiday
- Pay the fees to the consulate, i.e. 280 $NZ
How long does a visa for New Zealand last?
Your type of visa will be determined according to your type and duration of validity of stay :
- For a stay of less than three months Every citizen in European, American and Oceania countries can easily obtain the Visitor Visa when entering New Zealand. This is a stamp on the passport when you arrive atairport of destination. Thus, each visa for New Zealand with the marking is valid for a period of validity 3 months and no more. However, make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months before your return date so that your visa is valid.
- Still for a stay not exceeding 3 months: the nationals of other countries must have the visa This is why it will be necessary to apply for a residence permit online or at the consulates and embassies. It will therefore be a visa individual. For group travel, you will need to apply for a paper form.
- A visa for type programme holidays work or the PVT (more than 3 months and can extend to 12 months) can be obtained for a national of the FranceBelgium and Canada. To do so, the traveller must be between 18 and 35 years old at the time of application for visa. A Belgian, French or Canadian must have a passport valid for at least 3 months. You must also have a validhealth insurance and a good financial resource. A visa PVT allows you to travel around New Zealand and find a job.
- A British citizen is entitled to a visa PVT with a stay that can be extended up to 23 months. This also applies to people who want to stay permanently or work long-term.
Staying in New Zealand is fairly easy for some countries. All you need is a valid passport or an employment contract for a long stay. For other countries that do not have the agreement to use the visa for New Zealand, you need to fill in some documents before going through New Zealand customs.
What paper should I use to go to New Zealand?
As of 1 October 2019, a travel authorization electronic a summer set up by the New Zealand government called: " NZeTA ". He has a validity of 2 years for stays up to 90 days for tourism. You are entitled to a normal period of up to 6 months per year with a tax IVL (International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy) including in the NZeTA tariff, in order to preserve nature.
Which nationalities are eligible for NZeTA in New Zealand?
In all, there are 60 nationalities that require electronic clearance to enter New Zealand even if they are exempt from visa. This is especially true for nationals of the FranceThe European Union, Belgium, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
The NZeTA tariffs
If you come to New Zealand as a tourist for a visit, you have an exact fee to enter as many times as necessary (duration of validity 3 months at a time). This will be 38.75 euros per traveller (including IVL tax). In the other case, if you transit through theairport of Auckland, you can choose the NZeTA Transitwithout leaving theairport. If you still have luggage and personal belongings to collect, you will need a NZeTA classicor 48.81 euros per passenger and the IVL tax is not charged.