10 things to know about the Coliseum Amiens
Photo credits Coliseum Amiens :
Located in Hauts-de-France, in Sumin the municipality of Amiens, on Coliseum is both a sports complex and a theatre and also events. It is the home of a large number of Amiens sports clubs. If you want to go there, you should know that the activities vary according to the season. Here is what you need to know about the establishment.
- 1 What is the Coliseum Amiens?
- 2 The opening of the Coliseum Amiens
- 3 The capacity of the Coliseum Amiens
- 4 Activities for children at the Coliseum Amiens
- 5 Activities to do with the family
- 6 Sports activities in the swimming pool at the Coliseum Amiens
- 7 Swimming pool rates at the Coliseum Amiens
- 8 Sports clubs at the Coliseum Amiens
- 9 What you need to know
- 10 The Amiens Coliseum takes on the Olympic Games in 2024
What is the Coliseum Amiens?
The Coliseum is a huge building located not far from the House of Culture. It houses two ice rinks that can be transformed into a sports hall on occasion. It is equipped with a gymnasium, a paddling pool, a large 70m slide, a judo dojo, a weightlifting room, a choreography room, a pool Olympic size of 50 x 20 m, with a small pooland an outdoor stadium with a miniature football field. football synthetic. Hence the many disciplines on offer: skating, hockey (with its roller school), basketball, swimming, aqua gym and tennis. These activities give you no more excuses not to do sport.
The opening of the Coliseum Amiens
The idea was born in 1989 by Amiens City Council and the public service. This project has summer entrusted to Pierre Parat, the architect of the Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy. It took two and a half years of work for the complex to see the light of day, i.e. the 5 January 1996. At the time, it was the largest permanent ice surface in the France.
The capacity of the Coliseum Amiens
With its 3 000 m2This large facility has 2,882 seats or 3,400 standing/seating places in the large Olympic Rink800 seats in the small ice rink and 1,500 seats in the omnisports hall. It can host, among others, matches such as the Gothiques and the Amiens Picardy Hand who are already residents at the Coliseum. As for the ice rink, it has already hosted the figure skating championships, the World Ice Hockey Championships and the badminton championships.
Activities for children at the Coliseum Amiens
The school offers several disciplines for children so that everyone can fully enjoy this adventure. From its 3 yearsWith the help of our baby rollers, your child can be introduced to baby rollerblading to help develop their balance and to help them discover their body through different movements. They can also be introduced to garden The ice school offered by the complex is a great way to learn about ice. To its 6 monthsHe can be a baby swimmer, and at his 4 years the water garden. At the age of 6, they can participate in swimming lessons with a summer course. Children between 7 to 14 years can benefit from a training course in leisure sports during the summer in which initiation to different sports is integrated: diving, hockey or others, and leisure activities such as street dancing. À 8 yearsIn addition, there is an advanced swimming course to enable him to swim the 50 m independently.
Activities to do with the family
For a relaxing moment with the family, the large complex offers a family learning or to take part in the family walks he organises from the Coliseum in Amiens.
Sports activities in the swimming pool at the Coliseum Amiens
In addition to the baby swimmer and the swimming lessons, a whole range of activities is offered by the establishment throughout the year, such as theaquafitsessions, theaquabikeBirth preparation.
Swimming pool rates at the Coliseum Amiens
The entrance fee varies between a range of 3,20 € à 130 € by age, gender and weekendThe number of people, and the subscription.
- Between 3 and 15 years old: the entrance fee is €3.20
- 16 years old and over : you have to pay 4,10 €.
- The Sunday morning: 4,10 € for one adult and one child
- Family admission: 12 € for 2 adults and 2 children, or 1 adult and 3 children
- For 10 adult entries: €38
- For 10 children's tickets: 26 € is required
- 20 € for the monthly subscription
- 220 for the annual subscription.
For the people with reduced mobilityReduced rates are offered if they show a card. The same applies to jobseekers receiving RSA socle, provided they show proof of entitlement and a valid identity card. For studentsThey must present their still valid school cards with a photo.
Sports clubs at the Coliseum Amiens
Many of the sports clubs are hosted each year, namely: the Amiens Métropole Swimming, Amiens Somme Club Judo, Amiens Somme Hockey Club, Amiens Skating Club, Amiens Aïkido, Roller Skating Amiénois, and the Centre Régional d'Entraînement Pôle d'Amiens-Picardie.
What you need to know
Each locker room is regularly disinfected so as not to damage the health of visitors. Like any establishment, there are rules to follow.
- If your child is under 10 years old, he or she must be accompanied in the water for the swimming session and supervised by a person at least 16 years old.
- A soapy shower is mandatory before swimming
- Swimming should always be on the right of the water line
- Respect for clothing Shorts, boxer shorts, underwear, sarongs, skirts, etc. are not allowed.
- You must leave the pool 15 minutes before the end of the session.
- The ice cream welcomes children from the age of 2 years.
- The gloves are mandatory on the ice rink
The Amiens Coliseum takes on the Olympic Games in 2024
As of now, the large loan complex in the colours of the Olympic Games in Paris in 2024. The 9 sites in Amiens, such as the Aquapôle, are already visible. A free exhibition titled "At the heart of Olympism" is present inside the Coliseum. The 65-metre-long exhibition on the mezzanine floor of the Coliseum is a great way to learn about the history and origins of the Games. The aim of this initiative is to welcome the foreign delegation that will be coming to prepare for the Olympic Games and the paralympic games.
The dissemination of a promotional film on Amiens is also broadcast inside the hall, a real charm for the complex. A very sporty summer is in store in Amiens.