5 things to know about the weather in Amiens
Amiens is a municipality located in the north of the France in the department of Sum. It is crossed by the river Somme. It is the most populous city (over 132,000 inhabitants) in the Picardy. What interests us in this article is the weather in Amiens. There are many historical sites and monuments in the commune that you can visit if you are travelling or on holiday in the area. Below you will find details and data on the weather in Amiens.
- 1 What is the weather like in Amiens? And the temperature of the city?
- 2 The weather channel in Amiens hour by hour
- 3 The weather in Amiens in general of the year 2021 according to météo France
- 4 How can you find out what the weather forecast will be if you decide to go to the commune for the weekend?
- 5 What to do in Amiens if it rains?
What is the weather like in Amiens? And the temperature of the city?
Amiens has a warm oceanic climate. It is rainy even during dry periods and with light winds in winter. Its average temperature is 10.2°C during the year. It varies between 1°C and 23°C. The lowest temperature recorded was -5°C and the maximum did not exceed 29°C. The sky is cloudy most of the time.
The weather channel in Amiens time by time
For an hour by hour weather forecast, the morning is often a bit cooler, the temperature starts to rise around 11am. From the afternoon at 5pm the temperature is at its peak. From 5pm to 8pm, it drops by 1 or 2 degrees. From 9pm onwards, i.e. at night, this is when the minimum temperature is often recorded.
The weather in Amiens in general of the year 2021 according to météo France
According to the French weather service, the minimum temperature in the city was summer in January at 1°C and the maximum value in June at 23°C. The municipality experienced 476 millimetres of rainfall in total.
How can you find out what the weather forecast will be if you decide to go to the commune for the weekend?
If you want to have a good time in the city, it is best to check the weather to avoid unpleasant surprises en route. Even if it rains most of the time, Amiens also has good weather. Here are some online sites that can give you information about the weather in the region:
The weather of the sum via Orange météo
If you are planning a trip to Amiens and you don't know what the weather is like in the city. On Orange météo, you can consult the weather forecast online at any time. It is also available in other offers besides the weather forecast.
The weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday
On the official weather website you can find the temperature data and the weather forecast of the city. Anywhere, anytime, you can always check it. The site provides you with the weather for all regions of the France.
Meteo France Amiens
La météo France is the official website of the French government. All the data you are looking for in terms of weather is available on this site. The site is always updated to satisfy you in your quest.
What to do in Amiens if it rains?
If you visit Amiens and the weather is badDon't worry! There are plenty of indoor activities to keep you busy. Here are our top picks
- Visit the Amiens Cathedral. This beautiful cathedral The gothic church is one of the largest in France. It is well worth a visit, even if it rains!
- Go shopping. Amiens has a wide range of shops, from high-end boutiques to small independent shops. You are sure to find something you like!
- Have a drink or a meal in one of the many restaurants and bars in the city. From traditional French cuisine to international dishes, there is something for everyone in Amiens.
- Read our article 10 things to do when it rains ?